Bienvenue! Welcome to French class! In this class, students will learn through games, stories, songs, and conversation. At home, students will practice vocabulary through assigned audio-visual flashcards. Students will hone listening comprehension skills through dialogues & stories. Throughout the year, students will be asked to share in French about different topics we are learning, such as their family & hobbies. In addition to the language, students will learn about French culture & customs around the world.
- Create a free account on Quizlet.com (to study vocabulary flashcards)
- Bob Jones University “French 1” 2nd Ed. ISBN: 978-1-59166-307-2
- Participation in class conversation times & discussions.
- Weekly homeworks assignments of videos or reading handouts.
- Completion of presentations to be shared with the class.
- Be able to introduce yourself and greet others formally & informally
- Share about your family, friends, & yourself, including your age, interests, personalities, appearance, and what you want to be when you grow up.
- Tell about your home, what you do not have, & what you want.
- Describe a typical day: your routine, where you go, & what you do.
- Learn about famous places in France, French culture in food, family, healthy living & art.
- Hear the Christmas story in French & be able to talk about your own family traditions.
- Learn weather expressions & different activities & clothes for different seasons.
- Learn about Geography and where French is spoken around the world.
- Know how to ask for directions and make reservations for travel and dining out.