Bienvenue! Welcome to French I class! In this class, students will acquire vocabulary, gain confidence & practice in conversational speaking, fine-tune reading & listening comprehension skills, and be exposed to the pronunciation & grammatical structure of the language. Through listening dialogues & videos, in-class conversation & stories, students will be able to acquire French in a more hands-on form. At home, students will be asked to practice vocabulary through assigned audio-visual flashcards. Over the course of the year, students will be given opportunities to give in-class presentations about different topics we have learned. Students will also be asked to turn in spoken recordings to put it into practice recalling & producing the language. In addition to the language, students will learn about French culture, customs, history, landmarks, prominent figures, and where French is spoken around the world.
- Create a free account on Quizlet.com (to study vocabulary flashcards)
- Entre Amis 5th Ed. ISBN-13: 978-0618506910 (2006) *comes with audio CD
- Participation in class conversation times & discussions.
- Weekly homeworks assignments of videos, dialogues, or reading handouts.
- Periodic spoken assignments & presentations that incorporate vocabulary & grammar.
- To confidently form and pronounce questions & sentences with learned grammar &vocabulary.
- To reach a level of understanding in written and spoken French in subjects concerning family, hobbies, professions, school, the home, one’s routine, places in town, clothes, & the weather.
- Acquire basic knowledge useful when traveling abroad such as reserving & planning transportation & lodging, ordering food, & shopping.
- Learn about French culture, customs, history & people.