Students will learn history of photography, study the elements of art and learn about works of famous photographers from a variety of time periods. In addition, we will cover the basics of using a digital camera, work on a variety of shooting styles and learn simple editing techniques.
These items will need to be brought to every class.
- 3 Ring Binder
- Package of Sheet Protectors
- Digital Camera with memory card (If you have the manual, please bring this as well)
- Card Reader or USB cord to transfer photos from camera to computer
- Participation is a very important part of this class.
- Photo homework will be assigned weekly, please upload photos to your computer before class.
- Since we will be working with photography equipment and computers, it is the UTMOST importance to keep our classroom area clean. Absolutely no food/drinks will be allowed.
- PLEASE be respectful and kind to others.
- To avoid distraction, please keep cell phones put away during class. Only visit the websites that are asked of you during class on your computer.
- Please ask permission before leaving the classroom for any reason. No wandering in the halls or hanging out in the bathroom.
- Grading Criteria :
Level of Self-Challenge
Content of Work
Effort and Attitude